Click here to learn more about our rooting service
This guide will show you how to root the popular Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge device from Samsung. Disclaimer: FlexiSPY is not responsible for rooting the Android device in any way. Before performing any of these steps make sure you back up your Android device completely. This is only for the device whose model number is SM-G935P. Rooting is done entirely by you at your own risk.
What is needed to root the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge?
In order to root the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge you will need the following.
- The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge you want to root in your hand.
- A PC.
Step 1 – Download the USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge for your PC
In order for your PC to recognise the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge as part of the rooting process you first must download and install the USB drivers onto your PC. You can download the USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge from here. Once you have downloaded them run the main program file to make sure the drivers are installed.
Step 2 – Download the Odin rooting program
In order to root the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge using the root file given in the next step you must first download Odin which is what will be used to install the root file on to the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and perform the rooting process. You can download Odin from here. Once downloaded extract the file to a convenient location such as the desktop.
Step 3 – Download the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge root package
Now that we have installed the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge USB drivers and downloaded Odin we now need to download the root package to be used for the rooting process. You can download the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge root package from here. Make sure you save it in an easy to find location such as the desktop and extract it to its own folder. This gives you a .TAR file.
Step 4 – Put the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge in Download Mode
Now that we have all we need it is time to root the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. Before we can do that you must first put the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge into Download mode which can be done using the following steps.
- Make sure the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is powered off completely.
- Hold down the Volume down key and the Home key and the power button and keep all three buttons pressed until the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge powers up.
- Providing you have done it correctly it should boot into Download mode and you press the Volume up key to start Download mode.
Step 5 – Root the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
With the device in Download mode you must now root the device using the following steps:
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to your PC.
- Run the Odin software you downloaded in step 2 on your PC. Odin should say ADDED.
- Inside Odin click the AP/PDA option and browse on your computer to the .tar root file you extracted in step 3.
- Inside Odin click Start to begin the root process.
The process will take a few moments after which the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge will restart itself and complete the rooting process – Do not remove the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge from your PC during this time. Once the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge starts up properly you should see a new SuperSU icon meaning that the device has been rooted successfully.