[hoops name=”Rooting Guides Are No Longer Maintained”]
This guide will show you how to root the HTC Droid Incredible Android phone.
FlexiSPY is not responsible for rooting the Android device in any way. Before performing any of these steps make sure you back up your Android device completely.
What is needed to root the HTC Droid Incredible?
In order to root the HTC Droid Incredible you will need the following.
- The HTC Droid Incredible you wish to root
- A PC.
Step 1 – Set up the Android SDK environment on your PC
Before you can run the rooting tools on your PC to root the HTC Droid Incredible you must first set up the Android development environment correctly.
In order to use Fastboot to root the HTC Droid Incredible you must have the Android SDK downloaded and installed on to your computer.
You can download the SDK from here.
Step 2 – Unlock the bootloader of the HTC Droid Incredible
In order to root the phone you first must unlock the bootloader of the HTC Droid Incredible.
To do this you need to visit the HTC website which is located here. Follow the steps to unlock the bootloader and, when you have done that successfully please proceed to the next step.
Step 3 – Download Clockworkmod recovery
In order to install SuperSU and root the phone you must first install the popular Clockworkmod recovery environment. You can download it from here. Once it has been downloaded extract to the Android SDK folder you have already installed (where the ADB file is found). Make sure see a file called recovery.img after extraction.
Step 4 – Root the HTC Droid Incredible
Now that you have set up the Android SDK environment, unlocked the HTC Droid Incredible bootloader and downloaded the Clockworkmod zip file we are ready to root the phone.
The second thing you must do is put the HTC Droid Incredible in to Fastboot mode.
- Make sure the HTC Droid Incredible is turned off completely.
- Hold down the volume down button and the power button together.
- The HTC Droid Incredible will boot in to fastboot mode.
- Using the volume buttons make sure Fastboot is selected.
- Connect the HTC Droid Incredible to your PC.
- Open up a command prompt window and navigate to your Android SDK installation folder where you can find ADB and the CWM zip file from step 3.
- Type the following: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Clockworkmod will be flashed to the HTC Droid Incredible.
Step 5 – Install SuperSU
Once Clockworkmod has been flashed to the HTC Droid Incredible restart the phone. Make sure that the HTC Droid Incredible is connected to your PC and copy the downloaded SuperSU zip file from here to the SD card of the phone (e.g. the Downloads folder).
You now need to boot the phone in to recovery mode.
- Make sure the HTC Droid Incredible is powered off completely.
- Hold down the volume down button and the power button.
- The HTC Droid Incredible will boot in to recovery mode (Clockworkmod).
- Select the ‘Install zip from SD card’ option and browse to the SuperSU zip file you placed on the SD card of the phone.
- Flash the zip file to the phone.
- Once done restart the phone.
You will now see the SuperSU icon on the phone meaning that you have successfully rooted the HTC Droid Incredible.