[hoops name=”Rooting Guides Are No Longer Maintained”]
This guide will show you how to root the popular Samsung Galaxy Young 2 phone from Samsung.
Disclaimer: FlexiSPY is not responsible for rooting the Android device in any way. Before performing any of these steps make sure you back up your Android device completely. Rooting is done entirely by you at your own risk.
This guide is for the Samsung Galaxy Young 2 whose model is SM-G130HN. We cannot guarantee if it will work on other models.
What is needed to root the Samsung Galaxy Young 2?
In order to root the Samsung Galaxy Young 2 you will need the following.
- The Samsung Galaxy Young 2 you want to root in your hand.
- A PC.
Step 1 – Download the USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Young 2 for your PC
In order for your PC to recognize the Samsung Galaxy Young 2 as part of the rooting process you first must download and install the USB drivers onto your PC.
You can download the USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Young 2 from here.
Once you have downloaded them run the main program file to make sure the drivers are installed.
Step 2 – Download the Odin rooting program
In order to root the Samsung Galaxy Young 2 using the root file given in the next step you must first download Odin which is what will be used to install the root file on to the Samsung Galaxy Young 2 and perform the rooting process.
You can download Odin from here.
Once downloaded extract the file to a convenient location such as the desktop.
Step 3 – Download the Samsung Galaxy Young 2 root file
Now that we have installed the Samsung Galaxy Young 2 USB drivers and downloaded Odin we now need to download the root package to be used for the routing process.
You can download the Samsung Galaxy Young 2 root package from here. When you have downloaded it saves it to an easy to find location such as your desktop but do not extract it.
Step 4 – Root the Samsung Galaxy Young 2
Now that we have all we need it is time to root the Samsung Galaxy Young 2. Before we can do that you must first put the Samsung Galaxy Young 2 into Download mode which can be done using the following steps.
- Make sure the Samsung Galaxy Young 2 is powered off completely.
- Hold down the Volume down key and the Home key and the power button and keep all three buttons pressed until the Samsung Galaxy Young 2 powers up.
- Providing you have done it correctly it should boot in to Download mode and you press the Volume up key to start Download mode.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy Young 2 now to your PC.
- Run the Odin software you downloaded in step 2.
- Inside Odin click the AP option and browse on your computer to the root file you downloaded in step 3.
- Inside Odin click Start to begin the root process.
Do not remove the Samsung Galaxy Young 2 from your PC during this time.
Once the process has finished the Samsung Galaxy Young 2 will restart itself.
After the device has restarted go to the Google Play Store and download and install SuperSU.
Wait for the process to complete, and reboot the device.
Once done you will now see a new application installed called SuperSU to confirm the device is now rooted.