Click here to learn more about our rooting service
This guide will show you how to root the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F
Disclaimer: FlexiSPY is not responsible for rooting the Android device in any way. Before performing any of these steps make sure you back up your Android device completely. Rooting is done entirely by you at your own risk.
This guide is for the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge whose model is SM-G925F. We cannot guarantee if it will work on other models.
What is needed to root the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge?
In order to root the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge you will need the following.
- The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge you want to root in your hand.
- A PC.
Step 1 – Download the USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge for your PC
In order for your PC to recognise the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge as part of the rooting process you first must download and install the USB drivers on to your PC.
You can download the USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge from here.
Once you have downloaded them run the main program file to make sure the drivers are installed.
Step 2 – Download the Odin rooting program
In order to root the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge using the root file given in the next step you must first download Odin which is what will be used to install the root file on to the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and perform the rooting process.
You can download Odin from here.
Once downloaded extract the file to a convenient location such as the desktop.
Step 3 – Download the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge root file
Now that we have installed the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge USB drivers and downloaded Odin we now need to download the root package to be used for the rooting process.
You can download the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge root package from here. When you have downloaded it save it to an easy to find location such as your desktop and extract it.
Step 4 – Enable USB debugging on the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
In order for your PC to recognise the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge when you plug it in to perform rooting you must first enable USB debugging on the phone itself. This is done by doing the following.
- Tap the Settings option.
- Tap the About Phone option.
- Keep tapping the Build Number option (seven times) until it says you are a developer.
- Tap the new Developer Options menu that appears.
- Make sure that the USB Debugging option is checked.
Step 5 – Root the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
Now that we have all we need it is time to root the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. Before we can do that you must first put the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge in to Download mode which can be done using the following steps.
- Make sure the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge is powered off completely.
- Hold down the Volume down key and the Home key and the power button and keep all three buttons pressed until the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge powers up.
- Providing you have done it correctly it should boot in to Download mode and you press the Volume up key to start Download mode.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge now to your PC.
- Run the Odin software you downloaded in step 2.
- Inside Odin click the AP option and browse on your computer to the root zip file you downloaded and extracted in step 3 and click the .TAR file.
- Inside Odin click Start to begin the root process.
Do not remove the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge from your PC during this time.
Once the process has finished the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge will restart itself. Simply go to Apps and look for the SuperSU icon that should now be present.
If you can see this icon it means that the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge has been successfully rooted.